Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Medieval Manuscripts

My dream position within the library spectrum is to be a Medieval Manuscript archivist or preservationist. Looking over my book collection that have been accumulating for years I realize I have been collecting books in that vein. I have Anglo-Saxon/English dictionary, volumes of spectrum journal. hundreds of English and European Medieval and Renaissance history books. I have copies of Everyman, Piers Plowman, copies of original manuscripts dealing with Medieval and Renaissance woman's history, including letters from Elizabeth I. I have books on the Medieval and Renaissance art and books on books collecting and repair. These books make up over a third of my extensive collection. I have read most and never get sick of learning from them. I am not sure if I will ever hold the position I dream about, but either way it will be a great journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment