Monday, July 26, 2010

I don't know...

I am not as angry as I was yesterday. I am still considering quiting the program. I applied tot he program because I was looking for a career that is like the museum director and my used book store that makes me happy and pays the bills. From the classes I am finding that paper media are going to be replaced by electronic media. I hate computers, and always have. I love paper media. The fact that libraries are going more and more towards electronic media makes me depressed. The fact that I am hearing that libraries are loosing funding left in right in my classes means that I might not be able to earn enough to survive in the field. The fact that all the librarians on the panel on Fast Track weekend said that you need experience to get a job does not bode well for me. I have experience in a museum, a used bookstore and software support but not in a traditional library setting. I need to pay bills and I don't think I will be able to find a library job that will pay enough to quit my current job. I am currently on disability leave from my current job so I don't even know if I will be able to enter the workforce at all for awhile. I am having difficulty with my medical issues, and I don't know if I should bother with a program that is causing me this much anger and may never lead to a career that can pay the bills. Especially when the this degree is costing me a ton of money. I don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment